Welcome!

Make yourself comfortable under the Tulip Tree.

My name is Victoria and I am gradually creating a suburban homestead in Central Illinois.



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

of peas and cabbages!

Our friend, Harry, who has a garden instead of lawn, gave us two big cabbages today! I see coleslaw in our future!

The peas are ready. They are sweet from the vine but I hope enough pods survive to be cooked.


The blueberries are ready to pop! Birds are eating the strawberries - the pie pans are no longer a deterrent so we'll have to go to netting. The strawberries have sent out runners so I'll need to thin them out this weekend.

The bush beans have put out flowers and the pole beans are climbing. The tomatoes LOVE the hot weather and frequent overnight rains.



No comments:

Post a Comment