- expand garden beds on northern fence (approximately six 4' raised beds) -- completed
- double dig the new beds (borrow tiller from Harry?) -- decided to use lasagna method
- use old compost "pyramid" to cultivate potatoes -- check. seed potatoes are sprouting.
- plant container blueberry bush (and new ones) in northwest corner -- completed
- add raspberry and blackberry canes using esplanier method (trellis trained)
- add dwarf fruit trees esplanier method (maybe apricot/peach/cherry) along north fence
- strawberry bed -- three different varieties. straw placed in bed to protect plants from spring chilliness
- add perennial flowering herbs to side yard (north side)
- check asparagus patch -- asparagus is up. thinking of buying more male plants - more plants bought, need to dig them in.
- construct raised bed boxs (4'x4') for old and new beds. -- completed. have 5 4'x4' and 5 6'x4' beds
- use slow watering techniques (2L pop bottles) -- installed in tomato and strawberry beds
- set up soaker hose in new beds -- not sure if this is viable using the existing hose and new beds.
- rain water catchment on northeast corner of house to water new beds
- wildflower bed - long stemmed for flower arrangements -- seeded.
- rabbit proof yard -- dog fur along openings check.
- basement - set up indoor growing site for seedlings -- yes. done. still have some things downstairs - green onions, yellow squash
- early tomatoes? -- probably not.
- supplies for row coverings (PVC pipe and clear plastic ) -- check.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Garden Goals 2011
In no particular order: